1) Print out patterns from your computer. Cut out patterns. Tape piece 1 and 2 together. Tape piece 3, 4 and 5 together.
2) Lay printed fabric wrong side up on table. Pin top of cap and side panel pieces onto fabric as shown in illustration A. Cut out pieces from fabric. Using the dressmaker carbon paper, trace darts from pattern onto the fabric.
4) Place the wrong side down of the top cap piece onto a table. Place the right panel piece right side down on top of top cap piece. Match up the align marks on the two pieces and pin. Pin the ends together and than ease the rest of the pieces together and pin as shown in illustration C. Repeat with left panel.
5) Sew pieces together. Remove pins as you go along. Iron the seam toward center of cap. Zig zag the seam onto the cap along the raw edge as shown in illustration D.
7) Fold dart right sides facing and sew with a straight stitch as shown in illustration E. Iron the dart toward center of hat. Sew dart down to hat with straight stitch. See illustration F insert. Repeat with 2nd dart.
8) Starting at one of the raw edges of dart, zig zag the raw edge onto the cap. Continue sewing along the raw edges, creating a hem along the tail of the cap and ending at the other raw edge of the dart. See illustration F.
9) Pin band to cap right sides facing. Line up corner edges of cap with align marks on band. Sew pieces together with a straight stitch as shown in illustration G. Iron the seam toward bottom of cap band.
10) Starting at mark, zig zag the raw edge of the band down. Continue sewing along the raw edge, creating a hem around the edges of the band and ties. Ending back where you had started. See illustration H.